The Covid booster programme is only being delivered through some GP Primary Care Networks/ Practices, some Pharmacies and designated vaccination centres.
Any patient in cohorts shown below will automatically be invited to book an appointment directly by the NHS. So, if you do decide to be vaccinated elsewhere i.e. your local pharmacy, you have the choice to do so.
Any patient in cohorts shown below will automatically be invited to book an appointment directly by the NHS – please do not contact your surgery.
- those living in residential care homes for older adults
- all adults aged 50 years or over
- frontline health and social care workers
- all those aged 16 to 49 years with underlying health conditions that put them at higher risk of severe COVID-19 (as set out in the green book), and adult carers
- adult household contacts of immunosuppressed individuals
Once you have received your invitation you can book via the National Booking System please wait for an invitation to do this. There are no walk-in facilities for boosters to ensure safety. To book via the National Booking System click here Book or manage your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination – NHS (www.nhs.uk). If you are unable to book online, please ring 119 who will be able to book the appointment for you.
You can find a list of the Pharmacies and Large Vaccination Centres dispensing the booster vaccine on this website.
If you are housebound (truly housebound not leaving your home at all) please contact the surgery on 01234 351661 or 01234 213300 and let the receptionist know that you wish to have a booster vaccination in your own home. You will be contacted and a nurse will visit you at home.