- The practice handles medical records inline with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with those who are involved with providing you care and treatment.
- In some circumstances, we will also share medical records for medical research, e.g. to find out more about why people get ill.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, e.g. to prevent infectious diseases from spreading, or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research, and to plan health services.
- You have the right to have any mistakes corrected, and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- For more information, please view our Fair Processing Notice.